Want to join a first mover in solar energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec Solar has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar power plants and we continue to deepen our market position and broaden our offerings. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable solar energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value. We are present in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a Power Production Analyst in Oslo, Norway to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Power Production Analyst you will be part of our global O&M team of more than 50 people, working across four continents. You will be responsible for monitoring, reporting and analysing the power production of our global portfolio of operational plants, and support our local O&M teams in troubleshooting and addressing any suboptimal performance. Furthermore you will be involved in developing new methods and tools for analysing production and ensuring that production losses at our plants are minimised, and develop new maintenance practices that contributes to maximising production while reducing maintenance costs.
- In coordination with Managers, Engineers and Asset Managers, perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of performance issues affecting Scatec Solar’s operational plants. Analyse production discrepancies and document impact on overall performance.
- Where production improvement potential is identified, initiate and execute process for improvement.
- Analyze production data for quality issues and address gaps to ensure sufficient data quality for further analysis.
- Develop new tools, scripts and processes for addressing deficiencies in existing systems and methods for power production analysis, with a particular focus on analysis functionality in our SCADA-system.
- Design and implement automated reporting to support recurring activities of the business.
- Build reports and dashboards in our SCADA-system, Excel and/or MS Power BI to help O&M and other segments access performance and other operations data.
- Assist in the development of short-, medium- and long-term production forecasts for operational plants.
- For plants under development and construction, support Engineering and Project Development in preparation of the Energy Yield reports used in financial Modelling, and performance guaranty and bonus negotiations.
- Support the Asset Managers in their production-related reporting to external stakeholders
- Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably within Renewable Energy, Electrical Power Engineering, Automation, Information Systems or similar
- Experience within the areas of Electrical Power Production (preferably Renewable Energy), Automation, Information Systems, preferably including experience from forecasting and analysis of (renewable) power production processes;
- Preferably experience and background from the power production sector in general, or specifically from solar power or other renewable generation;
- Preferably experience with designing, implementing and running of SCADA systems or other Industrial Control Systems
- Experience with programming and analysis in Excel, Python or similar, experience with working with large data-sets and databases
- Experience with data mining techniques and application of statistical principles is an advantage;
- Experience from working in international, multi-location environments is considered an advantage.
- Hands-on and self-reliant, someone who takes ownership to tasks and see them done, flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude;
- Strongly analytical and methodical, able to handle complex systems, calculations and argumentations, proficient in programming in Python or similar and MS Excel, skilled in advanced modelling and multivariable data analysis.
- Organized, structured and able to formulate complex technical and commercial issues in a form available to non-experts;
- Assertive and organizationally skilled, able to operate in dynamic, multi-cultural, multi-location working environment, a team player able to work under pressure;
- You are used to changing environments and to quickly meet new challenges
- Proficient in spoken and written English
Scatec Solar is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, divers and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference. We are located in modern offices in Skøyen.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec Solar's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are;
- Driving results,
- Changemaker and
- Working together
Applications will be processed on a continuous basis.
?????Scatec Solar is an integrated independent solar power producer, delivering affordable, rapidly deployable and sustainable clean energy worldwide. A long- term player, Scatec Solar develops, builds, owns, operates and maintains solar power plants and has an installation track record of 1,000 MW. The company is producing electricity from 357 MW of solar power plants in the Czech Republic, South Africa, Rwanda, Honduras and Jordan and has 1,092 MW under construction in six countries.
With an established global presence and a significant project pipeline, the company is targeting a capacity of 4.5 GW in operation and under construction by end of 2021. Scatec Solar is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol 'SSO'. To learn more, visit www.scatecsolar.com.