Are you passionate about Legal and Compliance? Are you willing to plan and execute the handling of diverse tasks in a dynamic and international environment?
ZTL Payment Solution is a start-up, positioned to take advantage of the opportunities given by the PSD2 directive and challenge the banks’ domain on payments and remittances. Our ambition is to become the leading B2B payment platform in Europe. No less!
As a licensed payment services provider, it is vital that we comply with all regulations applicable to us. ZTL operates a fully digital solution and will develop procedures and processes using both old and new technology. We are dedicated to complying with all regulatory obligations and building a framework that will secure us and follow up all legal and compliance issues.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer with an interest for compliance. As our Legal & Compliance Director, you will be part of the Management Team and have a direct responsibility for developing the organisation’s compliance mindset. The position requires high degree of professional and personal integrity, solid business understanding and ability to handle complex issues. The position will report to the CEO.
- Be a first-class legal advisor to the business. Manage external counsel when needed
- Assist in negotiating and drafting of business agreements
- Identify new regulatory requirements and assist in ensuring compliance with these, always looking at new ways of looking at things
- Challenge «existing truths» and legal interpretation in the financial industry, always with a compliance mindset
- Play an active role in the review, development and maintenance of ZTL’s policies, procedures and compliance manuals as well as the direction of senior management to address emerging trends and issues
- Help implement, maintain and optimize a comprehensive, risk-based compliance program to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements Assist in defining actions and controls to mitigate identified risk. Monitor corrective actions where required and report these to Management and Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Assist in ensuring alignment between business processes and practices and ZTL’s strategic objectives, policies and governing documents. Partner with IT and operations to determine business requirements for technology change implementations
- Help ZTL maintain an ethical and positive reputation
We are looking for employees who always strive to develop themselves and our organization. We expect you to be committed and eager and to have the ability to work in and across teams. You are operational, have strong leadership and management skills and you have good attention to detail as well as the ability to maintain an overview in stressful situations. Previous experience as a lawyer and/or with compliance is required.
The position requires a Norwegian Master of Law/Cand. jur. and fluency in both spoken and written Norwegian and English.
What we offer
We expect a lot from our employees – and in return we are also offer a great deal to our employees. We offer you a high level of responsibility. As a start-up, we have a strong entrepreneurial spirit. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are pleasant and professional and are passionate about their work. You get to work in an open climate, close to decision makers and with the possibility of making a difference.
Who we are
As a challenger, ZTL is characterised by an entrepreneurial and innovative mind-set. Our global payment solution is built on smart technology utilizing PSD2 (Payment Services Directive no. 2). We enable clever integration into ERP (accounting) systems thru API building blocks to build customized payment solutions.
The Financial Supervisory Authority of Norway (“Finanstilsynet”) has granted us license to operate as a payment institution, with PSD2 licenses to provide Payment Initiation Services (PISP) and Account Information Services (AISP). We expect to be in operation in Q4/20.
Prior to hiring, a background check will be conducted to verify information provided in the CV and available documentation. You must have a clean criminal record and not be under bankruptcy proceedings. The position requires a suitability assessment with approval from the FSA. The background check is adapted to the nature of the position and the company and will be carried out with the consent of relevant applicants. Further information will be provided.
Regarding the position, please contact Senior Advisor Leif Thoring direct line +47 913 68 810 or Senior Advisor Robert Larsen, direct line +47 948 78 163 in Dfind AS.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be processed on a continuous basis.
ZTL is a Fintech company with the ambition to redefine today’s corporate payment services. We are working to launch an innovative payment platform, utilizing technology for a better corporate payment experience. Our team consist of passionate and skilled people representing deep industry knowledge and experience. We are now looking for a skilled Legal & Compliance Director to join our team and take part in our journey.