Head of Operations and Procurement
As our Head of Operations and Procurement you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth and efficient running of CEPI globally. You will be part of a dynamic and international team and will work closely with all CEPI offices, currently in Oslo, London and Washington DC. The position will report administratively to the Director of Finance.
All applicants need to be fluent in Norwegian and English and the position will be based in Norway, but some travel must be expected.
- Responsible for evaluating, establishing and running a robust operational infrastructure for the various CEPI teams globally
- Responsible for CEPIs infrastructure such as office management, procurement and contracts, IT and technology and for ensuring a compliant organizational structure in cooperation with the Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager
- Lead the work on and provide expert advice on procurement processes and relevant contract negotiations
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and systems
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement
- Day to day leadership of the operations team
- Support potential investor reviews and audits
- Advise CEPI management on effective routine and procedure issues
- University degree in administration, engineering or economics
- Proven track-record in independently designing and implementing routines and procedures for a high-visibility organization
- Working experience from international organizations and/or governmental institutions is an advantage
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to operate and communicate at both strategic and operational levels
- Experience in negotiations and public procurement
- Experience in leading teams from different departments to achieve organizational goals
- Entrepreneurial self-motivated and able to independently drive projects
- Knowledge of and experience in data analysis and evaluating IT processes and controls
- The ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion
- Experience with working in changing environments and to quickly meet new challenges
- Exhibit high ethical standards and professionalism
- Have the ability to create an efficient infrastructure for a high profile global health institution
- Experience in developing maintaining and monitoring a business continuity plan
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to present various topics at all levels in the organization
- Can manage complex infrastructure projects and processes and coordinate authority
- Can meet deadlines and has a self-driven and independent working style
- Able to communicate with all business units in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, and comfortable with senior executives, stakeholders and board members
- Experienced from and motivated to work in a diverse cultural environment
- Ability to work and thrive in a business developing at a fast pace
What we can offer
- Global collaboration and impact
- Meaningful and challenging work
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- A learning organization
- An organization built on values: Teamwork, Respect, Achievement, Integrity, Transparency
- Attractive benefit package, including private pension arrangements
For further information regarding the position, please contact Leif Thoring, Senior Advisor in Dfind AS, direct line +47 913 68 810 or Senior Advisor Rune Løberg, direct line +47 934 80 620.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be processed on a continuous basis.
The CEPI Mission – “We want to stop future epidemics by developing new vaccines for a safer world”.
Vaccines are one of the world’s most important health achievements. Yet their life-saving potential hasn’t yet been realized for many known and unknown epidemic threats, particularly in low-income countries, where the risks and needs are often greatest.
CEPI was launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos in January 2017, and is a partnership of public, private, philanthropic and civil society organizations established to stimulate, finance and coordinate vaccine development for emerging infectious diseases. These diseases have been identified based on WHO’s R&D Blueprint, and encompass those for which vaccine development is unlikely to occur through market incentives alone.
CEPI has currently investment commitments of $737 million from the governments of Germany, Japan, Norway, Canada, Belgium, Australia, UK and from Wellcome and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, with an initial aim of reaching funding commitments if $1 billion for its first five year investment cycle. CEPI´s mission is to insure the world against epidemic diseases.