As the Finance Manager in EITI you will have the full and overall responsibility of EITI’s financial function. This is a great opportunity for a finance professional who thrives when able to influence, and wants to develop EITI’s financial processes and reporting models. Budgeting, reporting, project financials and daily financial operational tasks are also responsibilities included in this role. The Finance Manager will report to the HR Manager. Some international travel will be required.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing finance professional with good communication skills. You are dynamic, flexible and are able to build relationships in all parts of an organization. You believe openness and transparency are key in financial reporting and are able to challenge the way things are done. You will enjoy a position with both operational tasks and overall financial management.
- Financial reporting to management, the board and the Finance Committee
- Project financials
- Key participant in the budget process
- Prepare the annual accounts in accordance with applicable Norwegian together with the external auditor
- Build a solid and dynamic model for project financials reporting
- Development of systems and procedures
- Day-to-day financial management
- Participate In fundraising strategies and maintain and follow up the multi year funding agreements
- Procurement support
- Bachelor in Finance or similar
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with strong accounting skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of MS office especially Excel and Powerpoint. Experience from building/modelling flexible and dynamic reporting tools would be an advantage
- Fluent Norwegian and English both written and spoken. Other EITI working languages (French, Russian, Spanish) skills are an advantage
- Experience from a civil society organization, development agency or the government is prefered, but not required
- International experience is an advantage
- Highly visible and a key role in an international organization
- Colleagues from several countries with passion about their job
- Possibility to grow both as a professional and as a person
- Very independent position with great responsibility and influence on one's own working day
- Competitive salary package
- Offices in the middle of the city center
All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be processed on a continuous basis.
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is the global standard to promote the open and accountable management of oil, gas and mineral resources.
Guided by the belief that a country’s natural resources belong to its citizens, the EITI has established a global standard to promote the open and accountable management of oil, gas and mineral resources. The EITI Standard requires the disclosure of information along the extractive industry value chain from the point of extraction, to how revenues make their way through the government, and how they benefit the public. By doing so, the EITI seeks to strengthen public and corporate governance, promote understanding of natural resource management, and provide the data to inform reforms for greater transparency and accountability in the extractives sector. In each of the 51 implementing countries, the EITI is supported by a coalition of government, companies, and civil society.
The EITI is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. The EITI is an equal opportunities employer.